Getting pretty excited about the first ever Ada’s List meet-up on Tuesday, as part of Internet Week Europe and in collaboration with 300 Seconds. The Ada’s List and 300 Seconds teams have been beavering away behind the scenes to put together a line-up of speakers that meets both our criteria: giving women in tech a platform to showcase their skills and a space to share stories, advice, tips and knowledge. We’re also really lucky to have Internet Week’s Festival Director Caroline Waxler, who will be over from New York, open the event for us.
We want to keep it as informal as we can without being TOO relaxed about having some sort of structure. Tickets are free and I’m pleasantly surprised at the number of people who have signed up. Men are most welcome too. If you’d like to join us, there’s still time to RSVP via Eventbrite.
Our speakers have been confirmed and are:
- Ingrid Koehler: Social media and rugby
- Amanda Coban: Managing an alternative online community
- Rosie Gollancz: Trusting technology with your health
- Anke Holst: Spinning Yarns, or ‘How I went a bit bonkers about making things’
- Harriet McDougall: User-centred design
- Anna-Lisa Wesley: A circle of digital creatives
Other details are:
When: 12th November, Tuesday, from 6.30pm to 10pm
Where: The Village Hall, Shoreditch Works, 33 Hoxton Square, London N1 6NN
What: 6x 5-minute talks, followed by drinks and networking
I hope to see you there.