I realise I haven’t yet posted what I did in the second half of my design course last month.
The third session I went to was about encouraging us to think differently about media, and encouraging us to remix ideas. Projects we undertook included:
– Designing an animal that was a hybrid of a hamster and something else that had a superpower. Mine was a hamster-spider hybrid that produced silk. Yeah, haha.
– Designing a carrier bag for products bought from a spy shop; the conundrum is self-explanatory
– Designing coins for a government on Mars. My coin designs had sharp edges and an alien-inspired look in green and orange.
– Designing a shoe-sole in a way that it reflected the owner’s personality. Mine were stilettos that had ‘connect the dots’ inscribed, for a vixen that aimed to lead men on.
– Designing an avatar for myself as a superpower
– Designing a poster advertising deep fried Mars bars, the Scottish speciality